The Ofsted report says we are a GOOD school!
* This is a good and improving school. The headteacher is inspirational and offers a clear and ambitious vision for the school.
* Governors provide strong support for the headteacher, have a robust understanding of the school’s performance and hold the school to account. They also ensure safeguarding procedures meet statutory requirements.
* Senior and middle leaders share the aspirations of the headteacher and carefully check and monitor pupils’ progress. This has resulted in good achievement, especially in reading and writing.
* Early years provision is good. Children settle quickly into the Nursery and Reception classes. They make good progress, particularly in their speech, language and communication skills. Children are well prepared for learning in Year 1.
* British values are well promoted though the exciting curriculum. This prepares pupils effectively for the next stage in their education and life in modern Britain.
* Disabled pupils and those who have special educational needs are well provided for and make good progress in literacy and mathematics.
* Pupils attend regularly, behave well and demonstrate good attitudes towards learning.
* The school encourages parents to take an active part in supporting their child’s education. This makes a good contribution to pupils’ progress and good attitudes to work.
* Pupils’ good progress is as a result of good teaching. Teachers and teaching assistants work closely together, fostering good relationships with pupils. They set high expectations for all to succeed and pupils respond by working hard.