Leading Parent Partnership Award
At Shadsworth Infant School we value the positive relationships we build with our families and local community. Therefore we have embarked on an existing national award called Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA) which we hope to achieve later on this year. The purpose of the Leading Parent Partnership Award is to help focus and build upon the school’s work with parents and families.
Some of the things we have achieved far include:
- Setting up a new school Facebook page to help us celebrate and share our achievements and special events with parents.
- Finding out from parents what courses they would like to attend through school and what time of the day is most suitable.
- Arranging courses that develop parent’s understanding on a range of issues such as online safety and prevent.
- Communicating with parents in a variety of ways including; text messaging, newsletters, social media and face-to-face meetings.
Our next areas for development are:
- To provide more opportunities for children and parents to learn and take part in activities together.
- To provide a suggestions box for parents in the reception area of the school.
- To provide parents with feedback to any questionnaires completed or suggestions they make.
If you would like any further information on the award please see https://www.awardplace.co.uk/award/lppa or if you would like to be a part of the LPPA team please see Mrs Varey.