At Shadsworth Infant School we aim to inspire all children to reach their full academic potential. In Mathematics this means ensuring a curriculum that is fully inclusive of all children which:
- Develops children’s knowledge and understanding of Mathematical concepts whilst enabling them to practice and hone skills and methods;
- Enables them to think critically and communicate their understanding;
- Gives them opportunities to apply learnt Mathematical skills in different contexts across the curriculum.
- Provides opportunities to develop problem solving skills useful for Mathematics across the curriculum.
- Be prepared for applying their skills effectively in everyday life situations, in their future learning and in the work place.
- Have the building blocks in place and to provide a solid foundation to lead onto Secondary, Further and Higher Education.